Re: Soapbox time...NO LBC Airline Security

To: JZIMMERM@albemarle.org, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Soapbox time...NO LBC Airline Security
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 16:16:15 EDT
In a message dated 22/05/02 , JZIMMERM@albemarle.org writes:

> Sure most of them are ex-military, that means that they have been trained to
> shoot a bit (usually not all that well since pistols are not a pilot's main
> weapon),

Speaking only in regards to Air Force Aircrew - their primary weapon is the
9mm semiautomatic pistol. True - they must qualify with the weapon only every
two years.  However, most squadrons have "Squadron Shoots" where they are
allowed to go out to the firing range and expand on their proficiency at
frequent intervals.  They also go through a rigorous, high threat survival
training, regularly throughout their career.

Still, having said that, I agree that they should only deal with flying the
aircraft.

My opinion - if it's to a point that the bad guy is in the cockpit and he is
aware that the crew is already armed, it is most likely too late.

Austin
1974 MG Midget - England
1977 MG B Roadster - Florida