Re: Looking for Help

To: David Lester <dlester@pwshift.com>
Subject: Re: Looking for Help
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:49:41 -0600
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
David,
I am forwarding your message to the Sprite/Midget list.  They may have some
more ideas for your problem.  I would recommend signing up for this list as it
is a valuable resource.

Couple of quick thoughts that came to my mind... did you check the fuel filter?
 They can clog up and allow enough fuel for idle to pass through, but not
enough for any demand at higher rev's.

Check the small tubes that run from the float bowl to the jet, small pieces of
debris can get stuck in there, restricting the gas flow.  Again, it will idle
fine, but under load, it will stumble.

Are you sure the inner butterfly's are opening when you move the throttle?
Hold a piston up, look into the throat of the carb, and open the throttle...
do the butterfly's open?(and close properly)

to join the sprite/midget list, send an email to:  majordomo@autox.team.net
put nothing in the subject line, and in the body of the note simply put:
subscribe spridgets

Send it out and follow the instructions that come back to you.

Good luck and let me know if you have any problems getting signed up.

Btw, Team Thicko has its own email list.  Send a note to the same address as
above, again no subject and in the body put:  subscribe team-thicko

Gary Speckman
Plover WI