Oil Drain Plug Washers

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Drain Plug Washers
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 18:59:54 -0500
Hey Y'all,

Whateverhappenedto those large, flat, wide, copper washers that I
USED to be able to get for my oil pan drain plug? Went to my
local BritCarPalace. All they had, and they checked their Mo$$ number
too, are these little, small, mingy, collapsible copper thingies that
look sorta like spark plug rings. (They admitted that they sell
these because you have to use new ones each time!)

I know, I realize that this is a sure We Be Tight kinda
question, but where do YOU find plain 'ol copper washers?

Or -- is copper required? What about Brass? or Fiber?

I now have a gen-u-wine collapsible copper thingy for my
next oil change, but I'm still looking.

chuckC