Re: A series engines ?

To: BlkBT7@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A series engines ?
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 09:26:55 -0700
Bob,

They are essentially the same. Morris engine serial numbers will be
different and they were equipped with single carbs, but no other difference
except maybe lower compression pistons (not sure). Very early Morris
engines were a side valve 803cc and quite different from the A-series we're
most familiar. Transmissions appear the same externally, but there may be
four or five different internal gearing differences. Early transmissions
were different too (no remote housing). That said, any engine/trans from a
Spridget will bolt right in. They have the same motor mount points, etc. I
don't think Minors ever came with anything larger than a 1098 though. I'm
sure Paul will provide some more details or correct me if I've omitted
something. As far as price... from $50 to $2500 depending on engine
condition and other factors. Transmission range from $25 to about $900. Of
course, some people just want them to go away.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints