Re: clutch bleeding

Subject: Re: clutch bleeding
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:05:02 -0400
Cc: Tommy_Samuels@markivauto.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
I don't think you could ever get a professional mechanic (i.e. someone
who could get sued) to recommend this.  "Recycling" the hydraulic fluid
in this way is sub-optimal, as you are dumping hydraulic fluid with
entrained air back into the reservoir.  Guaranteed you'll have to bleed
it again later, at a minimum.

Don't even think about it it if you're using silicone fluid (not to
start that debate again), because silicone holds entrained air for a
loooooooong time.

>>Maybe<< you could get away with it on a clutch, but remember that a lot of
>cars (some Spridgets included) share a reservoir between brake and clutch.

Chris K.

Gerard Chateauvieux wrote:

> Tommy,

<snip>