Re: Measurement needed

To: bugide@solve.net, pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Measurement needed
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 14:14:32 EDT
In a message dated 8/3/01 4:18:45 AM, bugide@solve.net writes:

<< Ankitterer@aol.com wrote:

> Larry:
>
> We make it 3/16" off the bottom edge, centered.  They are 16-3/4" W by
3-5/8"
> H at least on our car.

 Thanks for the info-The 3/16 is the important part.

Larry:

I was puzzled by the apparent discrepancy in Gerard's response, that is

"16-3/4 center to center horizontally
3-5/8 center to center vertically
2-1/8 front lip to front hole"

While I wasn't able to verify Bob K's reading on this, 3/16 looks (actually
feels) right from edge of metal to front hole.  Apparently Gerard measured
from the crease at the front of the car right under the grille, and 2-1/8
feels correct from there.  The hood latch is somewhere in the middle of these
holes.

Spridget on.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)