Re: Electical tach request and info on the Steering wheel surround...

To: "Andrew Sisson" <asisson@one.net>
Subject: Re: Electical tach request and info on the Steering wheel surround...
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 18:53:54 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Get a tough plastic yogurt cup or plastic glass of the appropriate size, cut
off top at slight angle to align with the angle between the hub and the
dash.  Start too big and trim slowly till perfect, cut out the bottom, paint
flat black.  small bent brass angle brackets screw to the dash, cup screws
to the brackets.  If you've chosen carefully and leave the outer 1/4" of the
bottom, it can be fitted with a cut piece of brass and offer a good horn
ring contact as well.

This is what I had done until I found one on a wreck in the Sacto area,
tossed out the yogurt cup and covered up the bracket holes with a genuine
"bugeye" horn ring.  Much better that the yogurt cup, this horn ring honks
every time I corner quickly to the left.  Automatic cornering G-force
warning system.

Regards,
Glen Byrns