Manifold nuts on 1500

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Manifold nuts on 1500
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 22:08:30 -0400 FILETIME=[936FD920:01C0F2E4]
Yeah,
You know what I mean.  Those two lower 9/16" nuts that secure the intake and
exhaust manifold.
How in the world can they be tightened?
I've managed to get them about "finger-tight" by mickey-mousing them with a
open-ended wrench straight on ( wrench appprox. horizontal, same plane as
manifold stud, if you know what I mean).
Unfortunately, they are inaccessable straight on with a socket (even the
small 1/4" socket cannot squeeze through the gap)
With a wrench, in the normal position, in the gap between the manifolds,
even a  "hacksaw converted" bicycle wrench (thickness 1/8") cannot accesss
the nuts.
Help would be much appreciated.   Regards,   Adrian
P.S. Bought myself a set of Kobalt wrenches today from Lowes, hoping they
were thin enough - no dice, but these wrenches are beautiful - very
functional looking.  Made in USA, no less.
Actually broke my vice yesterday tighening down on one of the studs (nut had
frozen on it) - would you believe it.  Picked up a replacement today, made
by "Pony" (well known name for woodworking clamps).  Made in China, though.