Re: Sweet Sound

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sweet Sound
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 16:59:14 -0800 (PST)
> registered the car yet.  The
> > only problem is, they put in TALL speed bumps a
> couple years after I
> > moved in here.

Congrats!  NOTHING like that first drive after long
downtime.  Speed bump story below:

I was on my Homeowner's Association board of directors
in Floriduh when they proposed doing this (DISCLAIMER
-I want to protect kids from speeders, but the police
set up a radar to check speeds, and no one was
speeding; it was almost impossible to do so on the
streets where I lived).  The association assured me if
it was safe for an ambulance, no car could bottom out.
 I told them the front clip of my Lotus Turbo Esprit
was $9800, the exhaust $800 and the tail clip another
$1000, ground clearance was something like 2.5 inches
without any chad hanging.  I pointed to the fat-ass
president and said "me and you are gonna go for a
little 15 MPH test drive over a bump, and if I bottom
out the Association is paying for it."

Surprise, no speed bumps (plus I later found it it was
illegal for the association to touch a city street).

=====
.