REW: White wall madness

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: REW: White wall madness
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 02:36:02 -0500
Coker tire catalog has an illustration of a Bugeye wheel with an AH hubcap
and a 5.20X13 whitewall tire on it.  They are Firestones and the whitewall
width is pretty wide.  they also have elsewhere in the catalog the width of
the whitewall for various spans of years.  57 through 61 would be 2 1/4" to
2 1/2".  The 520X13 are $77.00 each and are tubeless.  I didn't see any
radial whitewalls of similar sizes in the catalog.

And for those who want to turn their car into a singer, they also have
knobbies!!!

No Dunlaps in this catalog.

Paul A

<You gotta be kidding!

<Yes, the late 50's, early 60's saw a rage for white walls.  I believe the
thinking in sports car circles, however, was for disdain of such
"gentility".
 Back then, a little "finger wave" was shared between all British owners
who
also had little in common with "Detroit Iron Mongers" most of who also ran
black walls if serious.  (Just my 2 cents worth).

<John

<PS, look in Hemmings for any such Dunlop suppliers.