Re: Engine on Ebay

To: tim roy <bquietroy@neo.rr.com>, type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Engine on Ebay
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 13:09:46 -0800 (PST)
Cc: BritishCarMan@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
OK, answer this: If you are standing in a person that
you do not know, garage. On the floor in front of you
is this engine. He says to you that it is rebuilt and
all that he wants is $1500.00. You bend down and look
into the sparkplug holes and see carbon deposits on
the top of the pistons! Are you going to give the
person $1500.00 with no questions asked? I would think
not! Myself, I just picked up one of these deals With
carbs, distributer, and transmission for $50.00. I'm
sure I will find $50.00 worth of good parts there
don't you think!
--- tim roy <bquietroy@neo.rr.com> wrote:
> Rebuilt is a relative term. If the pistons have no
> discernable wear and can
> be used why buy new? If they can do the job why
> replace them just because
> you want something shiny and want to brag how much
> you spent. If they are
> worn out use new. You can rebuild with good quality
> used jsut as easy as all
> new. If everything is worn out then new it is. Just
> because it is new
> doesn't mean it will outlive used. $1500 for a motor
> is a good deal if your
> time and parts you have to have exceed it.

=====
Bob Walker
http://auctions.yahoo.com/