Re: UNDO torque ;-)

To: "Hanna, Mark" <mhanna@ball.com>
Subject: Re: UNDO torque ;-)
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 11:15:13 -0600
Cc: "'Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net'" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi Mark,

  You might want to consider this:  I own a B as well as a Midget.  A
couple of years ago I bought a "Safety Knock-Off Wrench" for the B's
octagonal knock-off spinners.  They also have one for the eared
knock-off spinners.  This tool is about a yard long.

  What I found out is that the spinners tighten up as the car is driven,
so much so that they can't be loosened by hand with the wrench.  In
fact, I bent the wrench whilst Standing on it to loosen a spinner.  I
tell you this because I'm a little skeptical of a plywood adapter
lasting very long, considering the torque it'll have to handle.  Better
to buy a dead-blow hammer so as to not mar the ears, IMHO.

  Anyone want a KO wrench? ;^)

  Charley Robinson
  '69 B
  '76 Midget