Re: FW: Hooray. . . . Snowy Midget Stories

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FW: Hooray. . . . Snowy Midget Stories
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 10:26:23 EDT
OK, here's mine, but it isn't a Midget story, it's my old Triumph story.

Back in 1969 (I think) I was coming home from work in light to moderate
Philly snow.  Maybe two inches on the ground.  (2" of snow!)  I get in the
right lane to turn onto Route 309 expressway and this BIG station wagon turns
right from the left lane to do the same.  She cuts in front of me and my 15"
Michelin X Radials can't stop me in time to keep us apart.  The left corner
of my front bumper dents the RF door of the wagon a bit.  (No damage to my
'67 TR4A IRS.)

We both stopped, and this beautiful girl (maybe 17 years old, I was 18 or 19
at the time) gets out and she is really shaken up.  Her first accident.  I am
just as cool as James Bond...especially after I saw her face!  She said that
her father was going to kill her.  We determined that she was at fault and I
had no damage, so there was no need to take it any further.  I gave her my
personal business card, (I was a photographer at the time) and told her that
she should call me if she had any problems.  Then she drove out of my life
forever...

Shortly after that I married the future Ex Mrs. Hefner.  Sorry to end that on
a downer, but it's a true story.  (Beat that, Larry!)  Ah, memories!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport