Re: Stuck Clutch

To: "Larry Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <maze87@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Stuck Clutch
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 15:22:37 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
From Larry Miller <millerls at ado13.com>

> >From: "max s azevedo" <maze87@juno.com>
> > looking for some help. I've got a stuck clutch on a 72 midget. I'm
trying
> > to get it back on the road, but have run into this problem. I bought it
> > this way and didn't know until today. Its been off the road since '93. I
> > suspect there might be some rust causing this problem between the
> > flywheel and clutch. I'd like to do this without having to pull the unit
> > out of the car.
>
> Can someone provide Max with the preferred method for breaking a clutch
> loose from the flywheel?
>
> Larry Miller

Lift the tail of the car and put the axle over some axle stands.  Lower the
car so the weight of the car is on the front tyres and the axle stands.
Start the car with 2nd gear,handbrake off, foot on clutch pedal and then run
it up the rev scale.  Stand sharply on the brake pedal and you will either:-

A.  Free off the clutch.
B.  Stall the engine, thus allowing you to try again.
C.  Jolt the car off the stands forcing the toppling stands to pierce the
fuel tank, leaving it jammed in 2nd whilst it shoots
at 50mph down the driveway into the neighbours new Jap sportscar, turning
both into an instant bar-b-q.  Collect the insurance money and buy a new
Spridget with a new clutch.

Any of the above results will be satisfactory.  Please let us know how you
got on.  ; )