MG's kill - let's ban them!!!

To: MG List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG's kill - let's ban them!!!
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 06:56:40 -0700 (PDT)
I like the way these Vermont citizens think:

http://www.utne.com/bSociety.tmpl$search?db=dArticle.db&eqheadlinedata=Gun%20Control%2C%20NRA-Style

Open carry, constitutional req't to be a rifleman (like Switzerland), and check
out their crime rate if you want facts.

Here in Wild West Oklahoma, we have a self defense law that allows concealed
carry.  You pass a background check, prove proficiency at the range, and then
you can defend yourself and family against deadly force.  Also a 'make my day
law' - if you break into my home I can defend myself and family with deadly
force, period.  If that bothers you, don't break into anyone's home.  I guess
the alternative in places like New York is to practice your begging - maybe you
can convince the armed rapist not to kill your family when he's done with them
if you get real good at pleading on your knees...

BTW, England's violent crime rate went up another 10% this year.  Criminals are
importing guns on the black market, and ordinary honest blokes are sitting at
home unarmed.  But handguns are illegal there now, so that's the 'right' answer
after all, isn't it?....

Every one that commits gun violence (not in self defense) is ignoring some gun
law already in existence. Blaming guns for gun violence is like blaming the wet
sidewalk for the rain. Punish the hell out of gun criminals, and allow honest
citizens to protect themselves (as Jefferson said), and you have the America
that the founders built.  If you don't like the 2nd amendment, CHANGE it
through constitutional means - don't try to subvert it (which subverts the
validity of the entire Constitution).

It won't be long till they ban our LBC's for being so harsh on the
environment...then we can all drive generic little pc cars, and live nice
little antiseptic lives, like good boys and girls.  As for me, pass the
ammo.....

=====

Michael B. Dietsche, P.E.

http://mail.yahoo.com/