Re: release bearing(throwout bearing)

To: <LColli3554@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: release bearing(throwout bearing)
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 18:55:31 -0700
I used the roller bearing for about 4 years before my 5-speed conversion
also.  Unfortunately, under spirited driving the next weakest link after the
carbon bearing, which disintegrates at 18,000 mile intervals, is the clutch
plate, which has a life span of about 19,500.  Overall, the stock package us
just not up to the task of a sporting vehicle.  Put in the 5-speed.
David Riker
74 Midget
63 Falcon
70 Torino