Re: Disk Brakes

To: tstone@frontierprecision.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Disk Brakes
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 20:35:16 EDT
Tom,

Depending on what you are after, a great option is to go to a complete diff.
change.  I believe in inconspicuous bolt on improves.  Before I knew about
the mazda RX7 rear end change, I did limited slip (a must)- $1000+, hardened
axles (a must for any hard driving)- $600+, dual axle bearings (good)-$550+,
AU finned drums (with 3/4" spacer)- $600+, and still don't have disk brakes
in rear.

My buddy converted the Mazda rear end with limited slip and disk brakes which
is bullet proof!  He spent less than any one of the above upgrades.  I think
it has 4:10 rear end which is respectable.

If I have one ounce of trouble with my upgrades, in goes a Mazda.

John Carey - 61 Bugeye @>
http://ourworld.cs.com/JCareyPage/JCareyPage.htm