Re: CT DMV / Envirotest Bozo's

To: Jpp963@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CT DMV / Envirotest Bozo's
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 01:43:19 EDT
Pete-

Sorry to hear it was such an ordeal for you. I did emissions testing and
inspection at two different locations. For me, I had the emissions checked in
Stratford. This was a pain because the PO had let the emissions go, and let
it expire. Well, guess what, the current owner of that car has to pay the
price.

On top of paying the late fee plus the full fee for emissions testing, this
would normally cover the two years your $20 gives you. Not in CT. The car is
locked in an immovable emissions testing schedule. So, get this. I had the
emissions done in August, '99. My sticker was due to expire in 2/00. Well,
there was no way in hell I was about to drag my Midget out on salt stained
roads for the sake of emissions testing. So I waited until late March. Again,
I had to pay the late fee, plus the $20, and I STILL have to bring her back
in February 2001. Which, of course, I will not. Oh well. Once my car no
longer needs testing, I am having all emissions equipment stripped from the
car. Screw them.

Thankfully, inspection wasn't too bad, but I had prepared the car to the tune
of nearly $1,000-the wiring for the wipers was beyond F___ED, there was no
washer fluid resevoir, and the washer nozzles had been painted over. Still,
the car failed inspection. Thankfully, all it needed was a simple adjustment
to the rear brakes. Even better, if a car fails inspection, your mechanic is
authorized to sign off that the work has been done, so a repeat visit is no
longer needed, as it was in the past.

Well, just be glad it's over, and trust me, all us CT MG/A-H owners feel your
pain.

Tom
78 Midget