Re: RE: Midget Engine Question

To: <mgraziano@mindspring.com>, "Adrian Barnes" <adrian@workgroup.net>
Subject: Re: RE: Midget Engine Question
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 09:53:52 -0400
Cc: "'Dan Dwelley'" <maine2me@yahoo.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Well for what its worth. I put a 12" electric fan in front of the
radiator in my 1500 Midget. Less noise, More Vroom.

or maybe less filling, tastes great??

Larry

At this exact moment in time 6/9/00 9:42 AM, mgraziano@mindspring.com
made the profound statement:

>Not much involved.  Get a water pump from a '74 spitfire.  It's identical
>to our water pump only it has no clutch.  The fan bolts right up to it.
>You need to get a '74 spitfire fan though.  I found the prices ranged from
>$15 to $60.  The $15 fan I got from British Parts Locator was in perfect
>condition.  One of the $40 fans from a source that will remain unnamed
>(mainly b/c I forgot) was described as "needs to have two cracks repaired."
>
>BL used a viscous fan from '75 because the engine was so hindered by the
>use of smog crap that a nonviscous fan was too much drag.  So if the
>engine is desmogged and or modified a little then you can expect cooler
>days....
>
>YMMV
>
>Mike
>

>Adrian Barnes <adrian@workgroup.net> wrote:
>> I've never heard of this modification.  What's involved?

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Administrator/Manager
Neuropsychiatry Section