Rounded oil pan bolt

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Rounded oil pan bolt
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 13:27:43 -0500
Greetings.

 Last weekend I was going to change the oil in my new (to me) 79 midget.
Upon crawling under it, I discovered that the "once square" drain plug was
now round. I tried vice grips. I tried a monkey wrench. I let it soak
overnight with Liquid Wrench. I can't budge the damn thing. I don't want to
do irrepairable damage, so I'm not going to go "bull in a china shop" on
it. I don't want to put a torch that close to all that oil, etc.

Any ideas I might try? I shudder at the thought of taking 'er to Champion
Auto or Tires Plus for an oil change.