Re: Parts Cleaner

To: fatboy@metro.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Parts Cleaner
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 10:36:46 EDT
In a message dated 5/9/00 10:15:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, fatboy@metro.net
writes:

<< My initial intention was to use diesel fuel this time, despite the
 odor. Stoddard is now somewhat difficult to find here in California,
 and even harder to dispose of when dirty.

 What is everyone else using....any suggestions as to alternatives to
 either diesel or water based cleaners, which I will not use again? >>

I am using a mixture of odorless paint thinner and a little motor oil in
mine.  It cleans well and doesn't smell too bad.  Good idea to use gloves
with it, and I keep the garage door open for ventilation.

You could buy Safety Kleen from the distributor, but my washer is small so I
don't need much.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget