Re: Good Car Magazine

To: John Gottstein <gottstein@erols.com>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Good Car Magazine
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 17:43:01 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Still a Road and Track faithful, and it's less than a
buck an issue by subscription.  You got your monthly
Peter Egan Side Glances column, which 99% of the time
is about finding, fixing, or racing LBC's (they are
admittedly all starting to sound a bit alike).  You
got your twice-a year LBC cross country drive
chronicled by Egan.  Got your Formula 1 coverage, and
good tech articles by Dennis Siminaitis, who is a
Morgan owner.  There's also a monthly section on
European cars with previews.  Been showing Mini spy
photos for years.  The bad part is the reviews of
current cars.  While I like keeping current, they no
longer ever say anything negative.  I remember when
they reviewed the Yugo years ago and concluded "no one
should have to take poverty this seriously."  I guess
the advertisers control the reviews now.