Re: Good Mornong...no LBC..The Hunter Returns!

To: nosimport@mailbag.com, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Good Mornong...no LBC..The Hunter Returns!
From: RBHouston@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 09:02:52 EST
Cc: donb@flash.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 11/11/1999 8:12:16 AM Mountain Standard Time,
nosimport@mailbag.com writes:

> Hey, aren't you supposed to be "catching" barbecue????? Get to work!
>   Peter C

OK< OK...I'm back, and only 288 messages to wade through!

WE HAVE MEAT...(might be a good t-shirt)...the laast aafternoon I was at Liz
and Fisher's I bagged a spike buck.  Not real big, but they now have 50-60
lbs of meat in the freezer.

Just to entice you to attend Spridgetstock 2000, Liz is quite beautiful, a
gormet cook that is terribly dissatisfied if you haven't eaten too much to
move, and Fisher is the most gracious host I've met in a long time.

Seems Fisher went to the same college as I and knew many of the same people I
did from the old home town.

Their place is indeed a beautiful spot for Spridgetstock 2000.  Texas hill
country, a spring fed stream running through it with a somewhat dry pond (not
much rain this year in Texas).  Wildlife abounds with deer, fox, squirrels,
raccoon, and the ubiquitous armadillo.

The only thing better than forrest and field was the amazing collection of
LBCs!  Bring a trailer and your restoration dreams....projects abound.  From
bugeyes, to mini's, to minors, to Liz's Jag to be......I was in nastolgia
heaven!

I wont live long enough to thank them enough for a weekend I will never
forget.  Now I just have to help make this a successful get together in the
spring and maybe it can be an annual meat hunt.

Gotta run to work now, but I'll relate more as I have time.

Robert Houston
hunter 1, bambi 0