Haynes Manual find! Kinda long.

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Haynes Manual find! Kinda long.
From: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 23:46:02 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
While piloting a 6000 ton train with 4 engines(about 4000 HP apiece),
the dispatcher had the conductor and myself stop in a siding about 20
miles from the Los Angeles yard.  Sometimes when the yard in L.A. is too
congested, they park us in various locations for a couple of hours.  At
this particular stop there is a shopping center across the street from
the tracks.  In this center there is a used book store that I had
alsways just walked right past on my way to Jack in the Box.   I went in
today and hit the jackpot.
There was only 1and a half shelves of any kind of automotive books, but
they were mostly manuals.  There was a Haynes manual for the E-Type
Jaguar (out of print).  I didn't buy this one.  I did buy a Haynes MG
Midget AH Sprite manual (printed in England) that seems to be copied
from a factory workshop manual.  I also bought an MG Haynes manual that
is also like a factory manual with factory manual illustrations.I bought
a Haynes Austin Healey 100/6 & 3000 Owner's Workshop Manual.  These were
printed in 1974, but look new!  No grease or fingerprints!  They were 9
bucks apiece!  I also got a Triu*** TR-2 factory
manual, hard cover.  It has a part number printed on the cover.  Boy
does it go into detail.
This was a wopping 14 dollars!  Last of all I got a 1980 Datsun 210
factory service manual.
This one was 10 bucks.  A dollar more than the Healey books, go figure.
There is a section on 5-speed trans rebuild.  I will copy and fax to
anyone contemplating this undertaking.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
00 Ford F-150