Re: Question on engine swap

To: <Metallian6@aol.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Question on engine swap
From: "Guy" <Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 18:27:37 +0100
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
The engine bay is different, although most of the changes were re-inforcing
to carry the heavy rubber bumpers fitted to the 1500
The crucial difference is that the chassis rails on the 1500 have an angled
upper / inner edge to clear the 1500 rear engine plate and gearbox.  The
other chassis legs don't have this so you would have some difficulty.
I have a 1500 and a 1275 and although the 1500 has more low rev torque, the
1275 is definitely the sweeter engine, it revs better and just feels happier
!
Guy