RT 49 Stragglers

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RT 49 Stragglers
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 04:21:27 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Folks,

Well we got safely home Tuesday afternoon but exhausted.  Do not know why the
last days drive was so tiring, must be getting old. <g>  Looks like the other
members of SWAG have pretty well covered the trip.  Do want to say that we
were the only ones to go directly to the second museum in Mariposa.  The side
trip to Yosemite was an effort to locate the rest of the group. <G>

For those who were not able to make the trip (and missed the great dinner,
thanks Aimee) we drove a rented Mus****e convertible, just need more support
equipment than the Sprite can hold.  Guess we are just going to have to look
harder at how to make and tow a trailer with the Sprite. Anyway we totaled
just over 1700 miles in the six days that we were out.  The rent-a-car had a
V6 with automatic and got 21-23 mpg on the winding roads of RT49 and 28-30
mpg on the highway.

If we did a Cal 1 run from Monterey to San Luis Obispo then Larry could take
his car <g>  Larry, glad to hear you did not have any real serious injuries.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk III (in boxes)
Judson Supercharger (in boxes)