Re: MSRP (some LBC content) - long

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net, type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: MSRP (some LBC content) - long
From: Christian Stanton <cstanton@pixley.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 12:27:26 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I think sometimes we forget that Spridgets were inexpensive cars with a long
and somewhat stable production run and we are lucky to have numerous
inexpensive sources for most of the parts and lots of rotting hulks to scoff
parts from.  Any of you folks that have owned more esoteric cars know what I
mean.

On the other hand, the company I work for produces parts for the big three
divisions who make parts for the cars some of us drive.  The cost of the cars
has been driven up by the complexity and quality requirements that the big
three, the market expectations and the government regulations are placing on
the industry. (todays cars are cleaner, more reliable, more powerful, need less
maintenance and safer by orders of magnitudes then our beloved LBC's).

BTW: I find it frightening that the industry profit margin on SUV's is many
times what it is on passenger cars....and people are buying more SUV's for some
curious reason.  Coincidence?

BTW2: I will never buy an American car, but that is just an asthetics
judgement.  And my average fleet (I have 4 now) age is getting older.

Christian

Bruce Lowry wrote:

>  I will take the prices from Vic Britty or Moss anyday over the prices from
>the 3
> Biggies in the U.S.A.

Bruce,
If only the quality equaled that of the OEM. (Sigh)
Jay Fishbein, CT
AN-5
HAN-6
Innocenti-S