Tailight assy interchangeability

To: MG List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tailight assy interchangeability
From: Michael Dietsche <mdietsche@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 07:49:21 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Does someone know if the late Midget tailight assy and the earlier one
(the kind with two lenses) are physically interchangeable? I need a new
tailight on my 78 Midget, and I can pick up a pair of the older style
real cheap, but they're out of state and I don't want to ship them back
to the guy if they won't fit.  Anyway, I'm thinking of putting the pair
of old assemblies on if they will physically fit, any rewiring will not
be a problem for me. Will they fit (did the fender opening change with
the style change)? Also, while I'm on the subject: the late Midget
tailights sure look like the MGB units....are they the same lights
(just curious)?

Thanks for the help....

MD
===