Wiper Help

To: "spidgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wiper Help
From: "Biff Jones" <biffjones@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 21:31:37 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I need some help on getting the wipers on my bugeye apart.  I
want to look at the inner drive cable.  Can I remove it at the
motor/gearbox and spin it out or do I have to remove everything
to get it out? None of the books I have says anything other than
how to adjust the parking control.   My problem:  my wipers will
only swing through a 25-30 degree arc. Using 90 degrees as
straight up they will go to 100-105 degrees to the right and
return to about 80-75 degrees to the left.  They will not park.
If I put the arms up so there is no pressure on them they work
just fine and will return to the park position.  I had the cover
off the main gearbox qand can see no real play there.  Because of
this I 'assume' that either the drive cable and/or the gears in
the wheelboxs are worn. Please help so I can drive in the rain if
I have to.

Thanks,
Biff, AN5, 'Kermit' & HAN6, 'Ole Gray'