Re: alfa

To: Mccaco@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: alfa
From: Ronsoave@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 19:43:12 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 99-04-03 11:41:42 EST, Mccaco@aol.com writes:
>  I was
>  wondering if anyone knows what year Alfa changed the body style on its
>  spyders so that the very back of the trunk, rather than turn up, stayed

Jeff,

It was 1990.  Fiat absorbed Alfa in the late '80's and injected $$$ into the
redesign.  The car was introduced in the early 1990 auto show circuit, and it
was at the dealers in the spring.  The return to the soft tail is sometimes
called the "Number 4" design, as it was, depending on whether or not you
count the Giulia/Giulietta as a direct descendant of the Spider, the 4th
iteration of the design.  Now back to our regularly scheduled program....

Ron