Re: Difference for CA cars

To: "Ulix Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>, "Jarrod Harris" <mgjarrod@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Difference for CA cars
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 08:45:43 -0500
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On 1/30/99 8:09 PM so and so (Ulix Goettsch) said. (And I quote:)

>Jarrod,
>it should say it on the emissions sticker on the car, wherever that may
>be.  May be in the door jambs?  It should say something like "this car
>conforms to the 1976 CA emissions specifications".  This is what I have
>seen on other cars (not Midgets).
>I am sure someone else can give a better answer.
>
>Ulix
The emission sticker is on the passwnger side of the panel under the
hood. Right in frint of the radiator.

Larry Macy
78 Midget

>On Sat, 30 Jan 1999, Jarrod Harris wrote:
>
>> Hi list.  I recently purchased a 76 Midget and I have been doing a
>> little bit of reading.  I've noticed that there is a difference between
>> the cars sent to CA and the ones sent other places in the USA.  How do
>> you know if your car is one that was sent to CA or not? and what are the
>> differences?  Thanks a lot,
>> -Jarrod
>>

>    Ulix                                       __/__,__      ___/__|\__
>..............................................(_o____o_)....<_O_____O_/...
>                                              '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?