Classic Tube SS Brake Lines

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Classic Tube SS Brake Lines
From: "Larry and Sandi Miller" <millerls@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 09:47:27 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Thought I would update the list on the CT SS brake pipes.

Received the SS brake lines from Classic Tube yesterday. This appears to be
a complete set for any Spridget. The Bugeye has 8 total lines and with disc
brakes only has 6. The set comes with 14 lines. I assume the extra lines are
for a dual line car.

If anybody orders these ask about just getting the lines that you actually
need. In my case, without the extra lines it should cut the cost ($199)  in
half.

All of the longer lines were folded for shipping but were no problem to
straighten out.

Mike Maclean told me a couple of days ago that the set he got from them did
not fit very well.

So far,

I installed the 3 front lines last night.
1) MC to 4-way block
2) 4-way block to left front
3) 4-way block to right front
These all fit ok. I had to do some bending because my flex lines to the
calipers have been re-routed due to the Frontline shocks.

Compared the left and right rear lines with the old ones and they are close
but not exact. They should fit with some minor bending.

The long line from the 4-way to the flex line in the rear appears to have a
couple of extra bends in it. The end that connects to the 4-way in the front
will not fit as bent. The section of the tube prior to the first bend after
the fitting is too long, it will not fit between the 4-way and the frame so
will have to be straightened and re-bent.

Larry Miller (larry@ado13.com)
60 Bugeye (At The "All It Takes Is Money" To Finish  Stage)
59 Bugeye "BUGIIIS" (Undergoing a body transplant)
78 911 SC (Faster than a Bugeye but not as much fun)
Home Page http://www.ado13.com