Perfect Day

Subject: Perfect Day
From: Robert Duquette <RobertDuquette@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 20:47:43 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hmmm!

My day may not have had the highs and/or lows of some on the list.  Today,
I drove my adventurous daughter (5 yrs) to her ballet class this am at zero
degrees Celsius (32 Fahrenheit).  It was cool!  My son (10) would never
have agreed, he's far too practical.  (for the car, I don't really expect
him to participate in ballet, although I would support him.)  His
grandfather-in-law is an aerospace engineer and I sort of expect my son to
be similar.  Too practical in 'some' ways.  In other ways he is too much
like his father.  A police car slowed to observe me on the Queensway.
Observed a ballet instructor.  My Canadian version of a scantily clad
female. (indoors)   Not the typical build of a ballet dancer.  I'm not
complaining, but I think some of these young ladies try to give us middle
aged guys heart attacks.  Drove my daughter home and got sent out on a
couple of errands.  Darn!  #;^)>  On the drive home a Porsche slowed
alongside to take a look at my car and I sort of ignored it.  If it had
been a boxster, I might have looked, but it was a Carrera.  Later, as it
pulled away, I noted the plates: 'Corel'.  Give me a high paying job,
PLEASE!

I find that I am not allowed to be in solitude while driving my Sprite.
Someone at my work asked me if I drive my Sprite to attract attention.  I
would prefer the opposite.  I can't explain the feeling.  Sort of like the
movie: 'Scent of a Woman' with Al Pacino?  When you drive one of these
things, the sense of exhilaration is ... what?

Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer (6 degrees Celsius) but intermittent
showers.  We'll see.  This would be the day to drive my son to his event.
Anyone want to bet on whether or not he will choose the (gonna get there)
wagon or the (it's the adventure, not the getting there) Sprite?  (The
Sprite and the wagon both have the same breakdown count.  Mileage is
another story.)

Heard the other day, from one of my son's friends, that I caused a bit of a
disruption the other day when I drove by a local elementary school.  (took
a day off to do winterizing)  Also heard that I am the only adult
considered to be on the birthday list for a local 2 year old.  The sad part
is that he will soon out-mature me.

Made a mistake today.  Bought a copy of Hennings... (sp)  Can I have a copy
of many of these cars?

Robert D.
'65 RHD Sprite