Wet Carpets - Removable seats ??

To: samesq@pacbell.net, Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Wet Carpets - Removable seats ??
From: GuyWeller@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 09:39:49 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Steve,
I agree with others that the floor carpets must be removable.
Mine get wet so often I cut slits in the carpets that go under the seat.
The slits line up with the seat runners and extend from the front of the
runner through to the rear edge of the carpet piece, behind the seat.
Sounds a bit brutal but looks neat enuf in practice and allows the carpets to
be pulled out for cleaning / drying.

As an alternative on the other Sprite, I am wondering if I could successfully
fasten the seat runners down using those over - centre quick release devices
used on mountain bike seat tubes.  They would be under the floor pan and
should enable me to very quickly release and remove the whole seat assemblies.

Guy
(Wet, very , very wet, UK !)