Re: On my '72 Midget

To: Chuck Ciaffone <chuckc@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: On my '72 Midget
From: Mark Endicott <endicott@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 17:54:28 -0600
Cc: Kthurt <Kthurt@aol.com>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Chuck Ciaffone wrote:

> > Kthurt wrote:
> > What's is the back and forth positions on my
> > wiper lever?
>
> When you push down on the wiper lever tip, it's supposed
> to squirt washer fluid.
>
> But, and I never noticed this, you can also push the
> entire lever forward, toward the dash, and then into the
> slow and fast positions. This does just the same as if you
> hadn't pushed the lever forward.  Neither Bentley nor the
> Midget owner's manual explain this.
>
> Anybody out in Spridget land know the purpose of the wiper
> lever in its forward position?
>
> chuck
> --
>
> chuck ciaffone chuckc@ibm.net

Chuck:

The wiring diagram shows that there is a unused switch contact on the
wiper/washer switch.  They are shown as White and Yellow on my chart
and end in molded plug.  Diagram #7 in the "Complete Official 1275cc
Sprite/Midget" Bentley Manual. Looks like a great place to turn on a
relay to control a pair of driving lights.
--
Mark
70 Midget