Re: Shocks

To: "Larry G. Miller" <millerls@classic.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Shocks
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 19:01:45 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Larry G. Miller wrote:

  Anyway, the
> question here is about shock extension. I really had a hard time compressing
> the springs enough to get the tube shocks on. When the car is in the "At Rest"
> position, that is, rear wheels on the ground with all of the weight on the
> rear suspension, the shocks remain at their maximum extension.  Any thoughts
> on this?.  Will this change after the car is actually driven on a real road
> and the suspension settles some?.  Any and all thoughts on this subject will
> be appreciated.  Now all that I need are the brake parts and one end of the
> car will be finished.

Larry

The replacment 1/4 leafs (repros) are way oversprung.
You have to either find NOS springs, remove 3 leafs from the repros, or
take the car to a spring shop and have them de-arched. (best idea)
I know it is hard to buy new springs and them spend another 150 bucks to
have them corrected.
I have a set of repros from 1988, this is when I installed them and the
car still sits up too high, it looks like a jacked up 64 Chevy! I also
have another set of repos on my 59 with the leafs removed. I am waiting
to justify the $150 at the spring shop.

Frank Clarici
Too many Sprites