[Spits] Still a few

Subject: [Spits] Still a few
From: krhodes1 at maine.rr.com (Kevin Rhodes)
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 19:29:21 -0400
Freddy the Spit and I are still here lurking. He is so darned reliable I
don't have much to post! I do ~1000 miles a year in a good year, had to
replace the water pump last year which was the first repair in ages. Need to
heli-coil one of the thermostat housing mount bolts this year before real
Spring gets to Maine.

Freddy got a big sister last year, Sophia. She is an '86 Alfa Romeo Spider
Veloce, and is just as delightful, but a whole lot more comfy on the
highway. Nothing like as cheap and easy to fix though, I think I spent more
on getting her into fighting trim last winter than I have on Freddy in 15
years, INCLUDING an engine rebuild nearly 10 years ago now. And there was
nothing particularly wrong with the Alfa, just deferred maintenance! Lots
more parts, and they all cost multiples more. Makes me appreciate the
Spitfire that much more.

Kevin Rhodes
Westbrook, Maine
Freddy the Spitfire of many random bits (which I can't believe I have owned
for 15 years this summer!)