Re: [Spits] Rear Leaf Spring

To: Spitfire list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spits] Rear Leaf Spring
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 18:26:42 -0700 (PDT)
Are these bushings the little rubber discs that are between the leaves at
either end of the spring?  Are they actually available?  I have never
taken my spring apart, and I always assumed that the bushings completely
disintegrated years and years ago.  How long could a piece of rubber or plastic
last, being rubbed between two spring leaves like that?

Doug Braun
'72 Spit