[Spits] Wiring updates and so forth

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spits] Wiring updates and so forth
From: Ryan <s1500@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 20:31:33 -0500
So I clocked in several hours of repairs today.

1. Tranny fluid leak: Apparently nothing. The drain plug for some reason
needed tightening. After that, I spent quite a bit of time devising a
system to inject some fresh tranny fluid. Checked the other bolts, and
they seemed fine. Cleaned up the affected exhaust area of 90 wt, and it
was done.

2. Cigarette lighter not working. Finally found out what that loose
purple wire did. Re-crimped the female hole connector, and I was able to
use it again.

3. Odometer trip reset not working: Cable was loose. Re-tightened it,
and it was 1111 back to 0000 easily.

4. Car radio wiring: It's right on the radio itself. Wow is the wiring
wrong for the speaker assignments. Probably because when I had the
cassette player installed, it had 4 speakers. I took out the rear 2
since the wiring & interior work was messy. Yeah, I'm gonna get fresh
wires for the speakers, properly color coded.

Took it out for a spin, and the tranny fluid smell was gone. My brake
bleeding/adjustment work paid off. I still get a bit of the "2 stage
braking", but the pedal travel distance is MUCH shorter. I can actually
slow down with the handbrake. I realized that now with panic stops makes
the engine stall. What the hell?

Anyways, question for the forum: Is that bolt connection on the steering
column a worthy source of grounding? Both the radio & tach are grounded
to it, and both have been a hassle for years.