Re: [Spits] keeping the latches closed

To: <jimmuller@rcn.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spits] keeping the latches closed
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 11:21:59 -0700
Jim,
It is all about getting the hinges and latches properly adjusted.  If you
are having to force them closed, they will tend to pop open.  The trick is
to make sure that the latches go down with very little effort but end up
with no play in the bonnet once the latch is closed.

You might have to play with the front hinge adjustment, the adjustment of
the locating cones or the hook that the latch closes onto in order to get
the fit to be correct.

Good Luck,
Joe