Re: [Spits] Seat reassembly

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spits] Seat reassembly
From: "Andrew Lindeman" <andrew.lindeman@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 21:36:15 -0600
I just sat back down from getting it together.  It was the routing of
the two internal cotton sheets that I had wrong.  I had the upper one
run wrong, that was the source of my frustration.  Once I stuck my
hands up inside, closed my eyes and got a good "view" of what was
going on, I figured it out pretty quickly.  The foam repair is in, the
vinyl repair is drying, and I now have a radio antenna hidden inside
the driver's seat.

I should be able to drop the seats in tomorrow, bolt up the new visors
and seat belts.  The car will be drivable at that point.  Allowing me
to start enjoying it again like I was doing when I bought it ten years
ago.

After that -
New seals on the side windows
Install the new top
Install the tonneau I got for $50 off this list ten years ago
Install the camber compensator I bought ages ago
Get around to fitting in that overdrive transmission I bought about as
long ago as the camber compensator

Andy L.