Re: [Spits] Timing chain cover nut

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spits] Timing chain cover nut
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 00:27:17 -0500
On 7 Jan 2008 at 22:52, OKCSpitfire wrote:

> Does any one have a way to remove the crankshaft bolt in front of
> the timing chain. I went to Harbor Freight to get a socket set that
> had a socket big enough to fit the bolt 1-13/16".

Well, ah yes, I have a way.  I use a 1-13/16" socket (or whatever it
is).  I believe you can find lots of 'em at Sears.  Maybe a bit more
expensive than Harbor Freight, but cheaper than taking the car to a
shop.  I may actually need to use mine a second time some day.  If
you are naywhere near Boston you are welcome to borrow it.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com