1500 engine rebuild

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1500 engine rebuild
From: "Michael ONeill" <moneill3@houston.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 13:01:38 -0600
Thank you all for the help with removing my crankshaft pulley. I discovered
the problem. 160 pounds of flesh hanging on the end of a 4 foot cheater bar
doesn't generate enough torque to turn that nut. It takes 250 pounds.

Here's my next crossroad that I would like the advice of the list members.
I'm thinking of changing the pistons from the dished out type that have a
7.5 to 1 compression ratio to the flat type that have a 9.0 to 1 ratio.  Do
you think this is a good idea?

Mike

===     http://www.vtr.org