Re: '67 Herald 12/50 convertible: fantastic condition!

To: david.randall@shaw.ca, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '67 Herald 12/50 convertible: fantastic condition!
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 20:57:40 EDT
In a message dated 5/29/2006 7:55:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
david.randall@shaw.ca writes:

I went to see the Herald today  --
http://hometown.aol.com/herald1200/database/67sp1250.htm) -- and I  am
amazed. This car is completely original, one-owner, all original  receipts,
invoices, manuals, and every repair receipt ever....

The  brown carpet -- brown with blue? -- isn't
perfect, but original to the car,  and I wouldn't replace it.

==AM==
Likely that carpet was originally charcoal grey rayon carpet. Frankly,  it
wasn't superior quality, and sun and other exposure tended to turn it  a bit
brown before too long. (From what I've heard, The Roadster Factory has  done
such
a good job sourcing original style charcoal grey rayon carpet as  used in
late TR3B and early TR4 that it also tends to fade to orangey-brown.  ;-) )
==AM==

The front brakes are drums, which is interesting, as the Canadian  12/50 was
supposed to have disks. But they're original equipment to this  car.

==AM==
Interesting! But I suspect that the Canadian 12/50 model wasn't really a
complete parallel to the home market 12/50 and that front discs were, in fact,
still optional as they were on US cars.
==AM==

As you can tell, I'm take taken with this Herald.  Unfortunately I can't
raise the cash at this time :( Someone who loves  Heralds heeds this car.

==AM==
That would be yours truly; unfortunately I have the same lack of cash
problem. :-(

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a  jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your,  er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines  Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North  American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and
Triumph Herald Database at its  new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

===     http://www.vtr.org