Re: 1972 Spit for sale update...possible scam

To: d t gebhard <kimkell@decaturnet.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1972 Spit for sale update...possible scam
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 05:46:08 -0700 (PDT)
I would have immediately deleted the mail and thought no more about it.

Doug Brau
'72 Spit

d t gebhard <kimkell@decaturnet.com> wrote: Spitlisters,
    A little update on the sale of my Spitfire.
    I was contacted by a Mr. Eric Daniels from London ( he says) wanting to
buy the Spit.
    Here's what he wanted to do...He wanted to send me an International MO for
$8000.00 USD to buy a car for $3600.00 (his offer {for my troubles}). He then
asks that I cash the MO at any bank, keep my share and send the rest via
Western Union to an "International transporter" who will come and immediately
pick up the car for overseas shipment. He emphasizes that he's trusting me
with his money and that I'll send it on. THIS IS A SCAM!!!!!    I could easily
be out $8k PLUS a car!!!!!    I didn't fall for it.
What do you people think????
        DTG

===     http://www.vtr.org