Thinning the herd

To: "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "NASS" <nass@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Thinning the herd
From: "Bill Gingerich" <wrgingerich@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 07:39:00 -0600
Greetings, All,

A lack of time and recent changes in my financial situation have made me
realize that some of the restoration projects I have been collecting need to
go.  Before I consider other methods of advertising, I want to give my
fellow listers a chance.

First is a '71 GT6 MkIII.  I've had this one for 6 years, and haven't been
done anything with it.  The car is mostly there.  The engine was running
when I bought it (I actually drove it around the block with marginal brakes.
Dumb.)  Interior is there, but will need to be completely redone.  The body
is rough.  Plan on rockers, left side floor, and rear wings for sure.  It
might need the right floor too, but I don't remember.  The doors are
workable, bonnet has some bondo, but I'm not sure how much.  The glass is
all there.  It has a clean Minnesota title.  I paid $500 for it, and am
asking the same.  But make me an offer and we can go from there.

The next one really hurts to have to sell.  It is a fairly early '66 GT6 MkI
that I bought from a fellow lister last April.  This car was built in
Belgium, and a source I consider reliable thinks it was built for the West
German market.  The commission number is 1KC2515L.  It is 90% complete,
missing a few things like the transmission cover and air cleaner.  The
interior is there, but will need to be completely redone. Glass is intact.
The engine supposedly ran within the last 2 years, but I've never tried it.
The body will need 1 rocker at least, left side floor, and patch panels in
the rear wings.  I believe the right floor and hatchback floor can be
repaired.  The bonnet looks good, with the standard minor nose dings.  One
rocker, a battery box, and some wing repair panels are included.  There is
also a spare door.  There are 4 recent zero mile tires mounted to the wire
wheels.  The title is going through the Minnesota system now, and I expect
it to arrive in the next 2 weeks.  I paid $1000 for the car, and feel that
it is worth that now.  This car is a rarity, and I will only sell it to
someone who wants to restore it.  If you want to part it out, don't bother
to call.  I'm sorry if that seems harsh, but the car deserves to be
reincarnated.

Both cars are located in south central Minnesota, about 80 miles southwest
of Minneapolis.  I can assist with delivery within a 500 mile radius.  I
will email pictures to anyone who asks.  If I ever remember how to upload
files to my website, I'll post the pics for all to see.  Please contact me
off list if you are interested in either car.   Thanks!

Bill Gingerich

Lake Crystal, MN

1974 Spitfire, among others

===     http://www.vtr.org