Weber DGV/Pierce manifold

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Weber DGV/Pierce manifold
From: "Paul Grafelman" <pdgrafelman@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:13:13 +0000
List

I was just looking at my engine compartment and wondering why the Pierce
manifold even has the coolant inlet and outlet. Wouldn't the coolant
temperature typically be higher than the ambient air flow temp, effectvely
heating the air as it passes through the manifild? I might be way off, but
isn't cool intake air better?  I've had the DGV installed for years, but
never thought about this until now.
It also gives me an idea of using an isolated cooling system for it (may be
a transmission cooler) - sort of like an inter-cooler - thoughts?

Paul Grafelman