Re: MK3 Parcel shelf mounting problem

To: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Subject: Re: MK3 Parcel shelf mounting problem
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 05:36:18 -0700
I've tried both ways, doesn't seem to make any difference.  There just
isn't enough clearance - I'll look again, but I don't think its bent -
there are different part numbers for pre-71 rails, but I think these are
for the cars built with the MK2 style dashes - but obviously *something* is
different - just can't figure out what -
**************************
>Barry,
>  Are you trying to mount the rail
>on top of the brackets or hang the bar from under
>the brackets?  The later will give you a bit more clearance.
>Also take a look at the bracket next tot he tunnel.
>I've seen MANY of these brackets 'bent' by people pulling
>trannies out.
>
>'71-80 rails should all be the same... but I'm not sure about pre-71
>rails.
>
>Paul Tegler
>ptegler@cablespeed.com
>www.teglerizer.com