Spitfire EFI

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <nass@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Spitfire EFI
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@COX.NET>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 19:43:50 -0700
I just love it when a plan comes together.

For the last 2 months I have been working on installing Electronic Fuel
(Petrol) Injection on Huxley (the red Mk1).  Today, I tried starting it
for the first time.  After reworking the magnets on the crank trigger,
it fired right up.  Now all I have to do is get it into the local shop
that can set all the programming for the ECU.

Here are some of the things I did.  (The car has a Mk3 engine with a few
goodies)

1. I fabricated a manifold out of aluminum tubing and some flat aluminum
stock.  Each of the 4 runners has its own injector set right up against
the head.
2. I am using a throttle body from a Civic 1500 engine.
3. I am using a SDS (Simple Digital Systems) ECU with MAP sensor, Air
Temp Sensor, Water Temp Sensor, O2 sensor and a digital mixture gauge.
4. I installed a cold air box that gets air through a K&N filter in
front of the Radiator.

The whole thing turned out very nice and really looks good sitting under
the Spit Bonnet.  After I get the thing tuned up, I am hoping it will
perform as well as it looks.

Joe