500 miles, one minor problem

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: 500 miles, one minor problem
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 00:35:47 -0400
Had a terrific 4th of July weekend with Freddy the Spit - drove from
Portland, Maine up to Mt. Desert Island, Maine (Bar Harbor) for the weekend
to visit friends. Dodged a few rain showers going up, but otherwise very
nice weather, mostly sunny 65-75 degrees depending on how far from the
water. Drove all over the island, including up to the top of Cadillac Mt. -
fun road. Freddy drove like a champ for 450 of the 500 mile round trip - on
the way back tonight one of the throttle springs (dual SUs) snapped! I now
have a Spitfire with "cruise control" - ~3500 rpm minimum in any gear!
Luckily the last 50 miles home are all interstate, with only two traffic
lights between the last exit and my garage. And I hit both of them green.
:-) Guess I will carry a spare throttle spring from now on.... But other
than that, a great weekend!

Kevin Rhodes
Westbrook, Maine
Freddy the Spit.